Tuesday, July 5, 2016

So Close, Yet So Far (2,500 Miles, In Fact)

Throughout today, I found myself surprisingly calm, despite the fact that I'm waKING UP AT 1:30 IN THE MORNING TOMORROW AND GOING TO ATLANTA OHMYGOD SO EXCITED

Okay, Jae-An: slow, deep breaths.

Even though it's been months since I was accepted as a member of the Vanderbilt cohort for the ILC, the realization that this trip even existed in my plane of reality didn't hit me until yesterday. Just a random light bulb moment in the middle of dinner*: 

Family member: "Here, have more noodles."  
Me: "Hey, did you know that I'm leaving the day after tomorrow to the opposite side of the country?"
Family member: "Wow, really?"
Me: "I know, I almost forgot."
*Dramatized version

But in all seriousness, this trip is something that I'm truly looking forward to. My time in Chicago last year with the ILC really set me up for success in junior year; I'm hoping that all the things I experience and all the people I meet starting tomorrow will do the same for me as I approach my last year of high school.
I'll have to say goodbye to Meeko and Tummy tomorrow...T_T
For the rest of today, I'll be packing, playing the piano, enjoying my remaining time with my cats, and just relaxing in general. I can only hope that I'll be able to sleep tonight with all the anticipation...

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment