Sunday, July 24, 2016

Roller Skating was Much Harder Than I Thought..

We didn't do much Saturday but play Jeopardy in MED101 and go play outside in the rain. After class ended, we went to lunch and then headed off to either roller skating, mini golf, or rock climbing. I chose to go roller skating... By myself... I was pretty nervous because I didn't want to be by myself. I quickly got over my nervousness and got onto the bus. Did I mention this was my first time roller skating? Well.. It was. It was terrible for about an hour and a half. I fell around six times within one hour and was left mortified. I was scared of making myself look like a fool any further, so I decided to get up and change my ways.

I decided to ask one of the proctors to help teach me how to roller skate. I was still helpless. After going around the rink twice and still feeling like I was going to face plant, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to learn how to roller skate by having another person hold me from the hand. Being the strong independent woman I know I am, I decided to teach myself. I did so in an hour, and was roller skating faster than the speed of light. I was unstoppable, until the proctors told me it was time to go back to our dorms. 

I went to bed feeling accomplished. I was determined to learn how to roller skate and by the end of the night, I was declared best in town... Just kidding... Even a four year old could pass me on the roller skating rink.

2 comments:

  1. Were these inline skates of four wheeled skates?

    I read your blog from tonight and compare it to the blog you wrote the night before Departure Day--not the same woman, Jackie. Not the same woman at all.

    And where were the video cameras for this adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roller skates is a good way to improve the health and it's also fun

    ReplyDelete