Saturday, July 16, 2016

A Saturday Where I Actually Do Things Instead of Just Lying Around

Waking up later than you usually do is one of the best feelings in the world, especially when you accidentally wake up early and see the time on your clock and collapse back into bed
and 
just
sleep.

Today's class was very short; all we did was work on making a storybook for a child with a disability that we were assigned. I was still in a group with a Edward and Mohammad. It took a while to get the ball rolling, but eventually we decided to go with the idea of a race in space for a basic plot outline. Funnily, at first the story shared some ties with the Cold War: we had our hero participating in a space race against a big alien with a mustache from a red star who wanted to take over the galaxy. Of course, we had to tweak some of the details to make it suitable...how disappointing.

After getting mostly done with our story, we headed into an early soft night, which I spent watching an episode and a half of the original Pokemon series (while waiting for friends), and then getting some exquisite iced coffee at a nearby cafe/restaurant. Honestly, I don't really care where I go when I'm with this particular group of people, since they're so nice to talk to; we talk a lot about topics like racial stereotypes and gender roles in society, but we also joke around a lot. It's fun.

For some reason, the dining hall forgot to show up today, so we had to postpone dinner and headed to tonight's activity, seeing the revamped Ghostbusters at the movies. I won't give any spoilers, but some people thought that it was lacking compared to the original movie (which always happens with revamps/sequels). I didn't find it too bad, though. Probably to do with the fact that I never saw the original...ha ha.

We've already been at Vanderbilt for a week, which I find a little sad. If one week has passed this quickly, then the trip will be over soon...I guess the only thing to do is just continue to make the most of my time here. If we can't be here for long, might as well enjoy the opportunities that we have...

No comments:

Post a Comment