Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dr. Cortez is Temporarily off Duty...

I woke up to an empty room. Wonderful way to wake up.... HAHA.. Especially on the last day of the program...... If you didn't know, I was being sarcastic. 

I slowly forced myself out of bed and finished last minute packing before cleaning my room and heading off to breakfast. I sat with my usual group.. Jahnvi, Jae-An, Taylor, and Nahkul. We shared the table and laughed until we felt the six-packs coming. It all felt a bit too odd. It didn't feel like we were hours away from going our separate ways. Breakfast went by really fast and we were soon ushered off onto the patio.  We were given five minutes to say our heartfelt goodbyes and leave VSA for good. I couldn't help but feel saddened at the fact that I was going to leave one of my newest and now closest friends, Nahkul. I gave him the biggest hug anybody could imagine and told each other that we would see each other very soon. 

I went back to my room and looked at it once more before taking my stuff out and finally heading down to sign out of Hank Ingram. It still didn't feel like I was leaving... I left Hank Ingram feeling numb. I really didn't want to leave. The time came and Mom arrived to pick us up. We went to Nashville Airport and headed off to Atlanta. I slept the whole time because I didn't want to lose myself in my own thoughts. I was still sad. We got to Atlanta and were now headed off to San Francisco. This airplane trip was really fun. I got to sit with Jahnvi and Jae-An. We laughed and spoke of our experience at VSA until we landed five hours later at the SFO Airport. 

Landing in San Francisco was a bit strange. I felt like a foreigner. I felt out of place. I really wanted to go back to Nashville. We grabbed our luggage and made our way back to El Cerrito High School where Don was waiting for us. We said our goodbyes and eventually had to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment