Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Calm Before the Storm?

You know that you're tired when you close your eyes for a couple seconds, and twenty minutes later someone says you were mumbling in your sleep. According to the others, some favorite topics of mine are Wall-E and air; it's been theorized that this newfound sleeptalking phenomenon is the result of demonic possession. Of course, that's all absurd. That pentagram I drew this morning was just because I was bored...
I wonder how much the 20 oz one costs...
Hanging out in downtown Nashville.
Since we didn't have any college tours or big events scheduled today, we just spent our time in the city of Nashville sightseeing. We bought tickets for a double-decker tour bus (goodbye to $30 right there T-T), and spent a couple hours riding around, seeing the sights. Unfortunately for us, it seems like a lot of the fun things to do in the city involve having to be 21 and over; our tour guide seemed to be able to point out all the best bars and saloons. And while some people I've met say that I could pass for a full-grown adult, drinking is just not for me. Except water. I don't think I could live without water.

We ended up getting off the bus around an area called "The Gulch," a collection of restaurants and stores, to eat lunch. I was a little disappointed that we decided not to visit any of the museums we had seen in the city, since everyone had only showed half-hearted interest in even doing anything, but stuck with our plans. After a lunch of ramen (first Asian food in days, thank goodness), we went back to the hotel and just spent the rest of the afternoon chilling in the pool.

In short, today was a complete change of pace from the other days. It was nice to just move at our own tempo, even if we didn't do much. I know that the upcoming days will be much, much different from today, but i'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment