Thursday, July 14, 2016

Will Smith Earns Me Some House Points

You know that feeling you get when you have a good day? Like there's a ball of joy just bouncing around in your stomach waiting to be vomited out onto some random stranger? That's exactly how I feel right now. So excuse me while I just do my thing here...

Working with my partner Muhammad. It was shmackin'.
One of the definite highlights of today was class. We covered basic components of circuits, which was basically just review for everyone, but then worked on assembling a small mouse toy to practice actually making circuits. And we learned how to solder. Soldering is basically melting metal to use as a sort of glue to secure electrical components, and is probably one of the most satisfying things that I've ever experienced.

Another thing that happened was that I earned some house points for S-House! In case you didn't know, the VSA student body was split into three houses: V, S, and A. Like in Harry Potter (I have no idea why so many universities aim to emulate Hogwarts. Why is this a thing?!), we have an interhouse competition, where we have to earn points through competitions or just by being a good person in general. Anyways, we had a corny joke contest during class, so I decided to share one of the better ones that I've heard. And if you don't get it, read it aloud:

How do you find Will Smith in the snow?
...
Look for the Fresh Prince.
You can laugh now.

We went to Jen's for ice
cream today. It was
shmackin'.
After hanging out with the usual crew for yet another soft night, I decided to practice a bit of piano, with the others (Jahnvi, Jackie, and Nakhul) staying around. I finished one of my favorite pieces, and turned around to find a dozen random students in the room, listening to my "performance!" I enjoy when people listen to and enjoy my music, so that was a pleasant surprise.


Today was just a chain of nice events that lined up perfectly for me; also, I wasn't feeling at all tired or fatigued, which was excellent. Hopefully things will keep getting even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment