Thursday, May 26, 2016

Flash! Pictures and the School Board

Komal and my photoshoot
My mother, brother, and I rushed over to Rite-Aid to pick up Komal Kumar (from the Brown cohort) and her mother. We all drove together to the school board meeting, getting lost and stressing along the way. Once we got there, we were relieved to see that we were early and so we decided to do a small photoshoot. Then, Komal and I separated into our cohorts and started talking until it was time to sit down.

My Vanderbilt cohort and I began helping Edward, who had to give a speech in front of the huge crowd and slightly intimidating School Board. This productive conversation lasted a few minutes as we switched to talking about Japanese and other languages. Soon, it was time to sit down in the front row with Ms.Thomas. Don handed us our Vanderbilt flag and the four of us wore it over our legs as a blanket. I especially found it very warm and comforting since I was wearing a skirt. Then, Ernestina came over to us, and Jae-An and I talked with her. We had a very hilarious conversation and the laughs continued, as you can see from the pictures we took down below. 
 
The cohort with our comfy flag/blanket
The cohorts went up one by one, gave their speeches, and posed for pictures. Everyone had given amazing speeches, thanking all the sponsors, Don, the School Board, and everyone supporting us—because they all can't be thanked enough for all that they have done for us! After that, we all went outside and Don took pictures of all the students, parents, and chaperons in front of a nice brick wall. Everyone split into small groups after and had another huge photoshoot. (Everyone looked so nice that it was impossible to not take as many pictures).

Only some of us had gotten the joke
Hercules High ILCers from left to right: Ryan Cutter, Ernestina Hsieh, Komal Kumar, and me


1 comment: