Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Eat and Greet

Getting out of the car, I breathed a sigh of relief: I wasn't the last one to arrive at Zachary's Chicago Pizza; Edward still hadn't arrived. Humming merrily to myself, I walked across the street - only to find that Edward had mysteriously appeared out of thin air, making me again the last member of the cohort to arrive.

A pleasant ambiance in an empty room; it filled up later.
Today was our cohort's get-together, intended for us to get to know each other as well as our chaperone Ms. Thomas better. I felt like I knew everyone pretty well already, or could at least get along with them, but this was a good opportunity to get more comfortable as a group. We started off by filling out a small questionnaire about ourselves, and shared our answers. I learned a lot about our group, from things like our favorite actors to some of our concerns for the summer to weird morbid dreams that we had.

I really enjoyed talking with my cohort today, and definitely will enjoy traveling with them this summer. Thank you to the ILC and Ms. Thomas for organizing this!
Wow...I guess smiling just isn't my forte.
I did have a ton of fun talking to these guys though!

No comments:

Post a Comment